- 2 ½ cups ground almond meal
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 3 free range eggs
- ½ cup Cobram Estate light extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup milk or almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- Combine almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
- Add the eggs, olive oil, milk and syrup.
- Mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Spoon into a 20 cm / 8 inch round baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until just cooked through. It can still be moist when tested with a skewer. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and served with grated dark chocolate, strawberries and coconut yoghurt.